For a quick fun weekend, explore all the fun things to do in Frankenmuth, Michigan. From the Bavarian culture, chicken dinners, water park, river boats, and shopping there is something for everyone here in Frankenmuth. Here are my top seven favorites for where to stay, where the tasty places to eat are, and what to do during your visit:
1. Zehnder’s Splash Village Hotel & Waterpark – This is a great family hotel close to Bronner’s and has a shuttle to downtown. There is an excellent restaurant and even an arcade for the kids to spend their allowance money.
3. Riverboat Cruise – The cruise down Cass River is a peaceful way to view another side of Frankenmuth. The Bavarian Belle does one hour tours for $12 for adults; kids are only $4.
4. Kayak & Paddle Boats – If you want to see Cass River by another perspective, try Frankenmuth Outfitters. You can rent kayaks or paddle boats for an afternoon.
5. Bridges and other Historical Places – There are quite a few historical places to visit in Frankenmuth. The Dehmel Bridge was built in 1907 and this “Black Bridge” was moved two miles east of the original site and sits now crossing Dead Creek on Grandpa Tiny’s Farm. The Hart One-Room Schoolhouse was built in 1836. Both the school and bridge are located on the road leading into Frankenmuth. Within the city, there are lots of bridges to see, and one of the most photogenic ones is the 1979 Zehnder’s Holz Bridge.
6. Shopping – There are plenty of quaint shops throughout the town. The Frankenmuth River Place has lots of stores to get cute gifts and souvenirs. Plus, the scenery is breathtaking. The one place you have to check out Sugar High Bakery on Main Street which has Chocolate-covered Bacon. If you haven’t tried this yet, you have to at least once.
7. Bronner’s Christmas Wonderland – The highlight of any trip to Frankenmuth is a stop at Bronner’s to stock up on some Christmas ornaments. I love the tree displays with different color ornaments throughout the store. They also have other holiday displays including Halloween. Plus, all the top shelf displays are camera worthy. It is Christmas year round at Bronner’s.
Frankenmuth is a great place to visit any time of the year. Do you have a favorite thing to do here in Frankenmuth?